Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tech Column: How Cute Can Things Get?

I recently mentioned what I think is the cutest video ever posted on YouTube.  If you haven't seen this polar bear video, I don't want to spoil it, but you should immediately drop everything and pop over.

I thought that I would devote this week's tech column to cute things.  It's the doldrums of  August, and I'd rather be looking at cute kitties than editing HTML or configuring a router.  I hope these bring a smile to your face.

The runner-up for cutest video of all time is this one of a kitten.  If you don't go "awww" while watching it, I'll be shocked.


Nobody should  be surprised that there's a website devoted to cute animals, Cute Overload.  From pandas to puppies, Cute Overload has it all.

One of the widgets on my Chumby displays a slide show from The Daily Bunny.  Bunnies are born cute and remain that way.  They're meant to be held and cuddled.  If you can't wrap your arms around a bunny right now, at least The Daily Bunny can you give you your bunny fix.

My Cute Animals has an smile-inducing video of cats exploring a treadmill, as well as other enjoyable images.

Take a look at the world's cutest letter opener.

I can't help but smile and laugh when I look at the videos of animals falling asleep on Cute Things Falling Asleep.  I never knew how cute a hamster could be until I watched a video of one falling asleep.

Baby animals are always cute.  Need I say more?  Take a look at the adorable baby animals at BabyAnimalz. And if you're still in the mood for more cuteness, visit Things That Make You Go Aahh.  I did, and you will go "aahh," too.  Guaranteed. 

Not all cute animals need to be real, though. Some of the cutest things come from our imagination (and skilled Photoshopping), and you can see many of these cute creations on Worth1000, a website of fantastic Photoshopped creations.  Some great ones are of a spiffy kookaburra, a fox crossed with a bird, and, saving the best for last, the world's smallest kitten.

No comments:

Post a Comment