Monday, August 30, 2010

Washington Tweets



by Bill Adler

Washington tweets. A lot. The Washington Tweets column is a collection of the most interesting, recent Washington-area tweets. These tweets reveal a candid and fascinating portrait of what is on our collective minds: Twitter gives a snapshot of what we're doing, thinking and hoping for as a group. Washington Tweets is Washington in the raw and appears on www.cleveland-park.com and www.alllifeislocal.com. Bill Adler tweets at @billadler.


I like that #coffee is a DC trending topic this Monday morning. I still need my fix!
  
First day of school for the DC kiddies!  More exciting than another Monday at work... :)

Holy competing Fenty and Gray rallies outside the Judiciary Square metro station, Batman! At least the crowds were cordial to each other...



Monday morning! Car decides to stop in DC rush hour on NY avenue. I can feel the stares from other drivers. It's not my fault! Sweating!

DC residents start early voting for primary: Only one voting location was open Monday

Tea Party awesomeness in DC all weekend. Sweeeeeeeet!

The 1773 Tea Party was a protest of the lack of gov't representation, not taxation. So where are you guys on DC voting rights?

If Tea Party really was outraged about "no representation," they'd make DC voting rights their cause. Yet silence, even while they are in DC!
 
Would Gray build on what Rhee has done, while smoothing the rough edges? Record suggests that answer is no

Just purged the jewelry box. Yeah, I went through a Beadazzled period in Dupont Circle.

Random DC Fact of Day: Metro changes its fare rate 9x durng day. Any1 else think this is a bit much?

Wow a trip into DC on Metro, including parking now costs almost $16!! @wamata #metro. What's my incentive not to drive?
   
ok, so I DEFINITELY bought legal weed in adams morgan today... called Sonic Boom. better high... shorter trip. but LEGAL.
 
Poll Shows Gray Pulling Ahead of Fenty.  Personally, I'd like to see Fenty and the entire City Council replaced.

Rediscovering the beauty of the trail behind the Nature Center in Rock Creek Park. My son gets to do what his daddy did as a child!

Me tried internet dating and met some of the dumbest men in the DC area.

My DC neighborhood was mentioned as one of the TOP sought after places to buy a home- that's right!! #NE #DC
 
note to self: if i wake up in some area that looks like adams-morgan but i know i'm in NYC, i'm in jamaica / brooklyn.
 
After almost 1500 miles, the worst, craziest, most dangerous drivers by far are right here on DC's Beltway.

Dear National Airport (DCA), You confused me today and I ended up in the wrong parking lot. Better than last time when I got pulled over...

DC Weather Forecast: "Heatwave for the next three days. Uncomfortably hot in the afternoons." Yuck. C'mon, Fall!

Walking around my old jr high school neighborhood on capitol hill DC...my how things have changed

Tourist season's almost over...hang in there

No comments:

Post a Comment