Thursday, September 9, 2010

No 8's or 9's Forecast

Thermometer photo from July 6, 2010
The thermometer is expected to peak only in the upper 70's between now and Sunday. More than any other sign --and especially this summer-- when there are no 80 or 90 degree days, that means autumn is surely on its way. Or at the very least, the ability to bring ice cream home from the store without it turning into soup. While there's often little that Washingtonians can agree on, I think that we can all agree that as far as this summer is concerned, good riddance! For the complete forecast, visit the Weather Underground and the Capital Weather Gang. And maybe, just maybe, the 90's are all over with until next summer.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I know I'll probably be vilified for saying this, but I hope we have a couple of hot days before autumn. I won tickets to Six Flags, and wish I had won them a month ago!
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete