Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Strange Things DC Real Estate Agents Have to Do

One of the great things about life is what you don't yet know about somebody else's job. For example, the process of going from an idea to a published book is something I hardly think about, because I've done it so many times. But I know that how you get published seems like black magic to a lot of people. I'm that way about other professions: I have no idea what it's like to drive a train, perform surgery or work in art preservation.

This brief story of what one Washington, DC area Realtor, Jen Angotti, had to do was certainly eye-opening:

Realtors do a lot of things to make a transaction happen. We clean. We put away stuff. We walk dogs. We travel at all hours to get paper work signed. We stage units. We arrange cleaners, painters, handy men and contractors. We set up home inspections. We show 60 properties in one week to buyers who are only in the country for a short amount of time. We do a lot of things to facilitate a deal.
Today, I think I hit a new level of "dumb stuff I do". Today, I had to clean off a bathroom counter and put away someone's XL Magnum condoms. Yep. Really. Many, many things went through my mind as I performed this action. Most of them I can't print. The one thought that's stuck with me all day: I can't believe the things I do for my job! 

Thanks to Concrete Jungle DC and DC Blogs for spotting and sharing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment