Friday, December 24, 2010

Recommended: Art Consignment

Our companion email list, the Cleveland Park Listserv, is a treasure trove of recommendations. We want to share on All Life Is Local, on a periodic basis, the best recommendations that have been posted on the Cleveland Park Listserv. You'll be able to search All Life Is Local for "contractor," "plumber," "computer tech," "auto body shop" -- whatever you need. The search box, in case you have trouble finding it, is to the right and down a bit.


A number of people asked that I copy them with the responses I received regarding advice/recommendations for art consignment. I actually received more requests for whatever information I received than I did answers. So here, for everyone who asked me, is a compilation of the information I received in response to my query:

* If you want a tax deduction instead of the sale price, the Art Connection will place your art in a non-profit.

* The Christ Child Opportunity Shop in Georgetown on Wisconsin is a long established one, and many art dealers and collectors go there. The address is 1427 Wisconsin Avenue, near Appalachian Spring. Phone: (202) 333-6635, opshop @ christchilddc.org

* Capital Consignment in Bethesda, 4909 Cordell Avenue, 301-986-1414, is good, honest and reliable. The owner is Judith Carrig. I have bought and sold furniture and paintings there.

No comments:

Post a Comment