Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Recommended: Doctors Who Treat Children's Asthma

Our companion email list, the Cleveland Park Listserv, is a treasure trove of recommendations. We want to share on All Life Is Local, on a periodic basis, the best recommendations that have been posted on the Cleveland Park Listserv. You'll be able to search All Life Is Local for "contractor," "plumber," "computer tech," "auto body shop" -- whatever you need. The search box, in case you have trouble finding it, is to the right.

--

I have been very impressed with Dr. Scarupa at Institute for Asthma and Allergy at 5454 Wisconsin Ave in Chevy Chase. Dr. Scarupa has a calm demeanor while taking the issue seriously and I think he is excellent. He also helped us to identify certain allergies that were exacerbating her asthma. Identifying these made a huge difference in dealing with the asthma.


--

Dr. Howard Boltansky at Foxhall Square is an excellent allergist/asthma physician.

--

Upon our pediatrician's recommendation, I just took my toddler daughter to Dr. Athena Economides in Chevy Chase. I thought she, and the staff, seemed excellent. We went for some allergy issues but she also deals with asthma, as do the other doctors at that practice: http://www.allergyasthma.us.

--

We see Maria Bautista at Georgetown. 202.444.kids for general information. They take all insurance, it seems, and she is kind, patient, well-trained, and runs a tight ship vis-a-vis appointment schedules.

--

We use The Pediatric Lung Center in Fairfax and while it is a hike they are wonderful! We see Dr. Osborn and he is wonderful with our little guy.

--

Dr. Alicia Trotter at 3301 New Mexico Avenue. She is amazing and the support people in her practice are fabulous.  (202) 966-2222.

--

I've recently started going to Dr. Henry Li at the Institute for Asthma & Allergy, who was recommended to me by several neighbors and whom I really like.

--

I have asthma, and I absolutely adore my allergist/immunologist. She also treats children. Her name is Nirupma Rohatgi, and she is, as far as I'm concerned, a miracle worker. I have been her patient for over 15 years. As a person, she is warm and approachable, and also rather petite, which I think
makes her less intimidating to kids. She is very candid with her advice when you need it, and interested in my entire medical situation (and other things going on in my life that might be relevant). She has two offices, one located at 9015 Shady Grove Court, Gaithersburg, MD 20877-130, (301) 963-0196 (where she tends to see most of the children, because they tend to live in the suburbs), and one at 2308 L Street (behind Washington Circle around the corner from Trader Joe's). I have regularly seen children in the DC office, but there are not as many as adults. I like her office because it is small and informal, in a row house, and they are very good about handling appointments, insurance, and billing. I don't think I've ever had a mistake or a problem with
the business part of her office. She is in DC Tu/Th/Fri from 7:30am - 1pm, and  I rarely have trouble getting in to see her the same day, or the next day, if I need her. She always returns my phone calls very promptly. Truly, I wish every relationship I had with a doctor were like the one I have with her.

--

I would like to recommend Dr. Courtney Jackson Blair of Allergy and Asthma Associates which is located in McLean and Sterling. She is board certified in internal medicine, pediatrics, allergy & immunology, with a special interest in asthma.

--

I've been using Dr. Henry Fishman, 2141 K St., for many years for my asthma. He also has many child patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment