Thursday, December 2, 2010

Recommended: Pediatricians

Our companion email list, the Cleveland Park Listserv, is a treasure trove of recommendations. We want to share on All Life Is Local, on a periodic basis, the best recommendations that have been posted on the Cleveland Park Listserv. You'll be able to search All Life Is Local for "contractor," "plumber," "computer tech," "auto body shop" -- whatever you need. The search box, in case you have trouble finding it, is to the right and down a bit.



My newborn sees Dr. Anderson at Pullman & Ariza, at 24th and M and we love her. I've heard good things about the other docs there, www.pullmanandarizapediatrics.com

---

I love our pediatrician, Dr. Ellie Hamburger, Children's Pediatricians and Associates, 2131 K Street, NW, 202-833-4543.

---

Leah Brasch at Chevy Chase, 202-656-2745. 10 years with us. Good judgment, prompt referrals, among many sensible practices.

---


I take my 8 month old daughter to Dr. Martha Wagner at Children's Pediatrics and Associates (202-833-4543) at 2141 K Street NW.  It is just off the circle near Foggy Bottom metro so I take the 31 or 32 on Wisconsin, which takes me straight there. We have been very pleased with her -- she is very practical. She also called me on my cell one time I took my daughter to the ER which I appreciated. It is handy as the Breastfeeding Centre, my OB-GYN (Capital Women's Care) and a pharmacy is all in the same building.

The only slight problem is she only works 3 days a week but we have generally not had a problem getting the preventative appointments. When booking in advance appointment to appointment, we were always able to get them for 8.15am so my husband could come with me for the first few.

---

Our truly wonderful pediatrician is Milagros Ariza at 2440 M Street. Our son is now 19 and just had his very last physical with her. She will know our child, she is loving and caring and an excellent doctor. Her phone number is 202-466-5350.

---

I cannot recommend my three daughters pediatrician more highly. Dr. Ioana Razi, whose office is attached to her house on R Street in Burleith, has been my daughters' doctor since their births, and even though they are now 16, 18, and 20, I am loath to send them to anyone else because she offers such comprehensive care. She practices homeopathic medicine: while she has no problem prescribing antibiotics and other meds as needed, the plus is she doesn't rush to do so if there is a simple and nonintrusive solution to try first. She looks at the whole child, emotional as well as physical, really knows them well, and never rushes you out the door. Best of luck with your pregnancy and finding a pediatrician.

---

I highly recommend Virginia Grace Cohen, http://thepediatriccarecenter.com/virginia_cohen.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment