Friday, March 11, 2011

Recommended: Gynecologists

Our companion email list, the Cleveland Park Listserv, is a treasure trove of recommendations. We want to share on All Life Is Local, on a periodic basis, the best recommendations that have been posted on the Cleveland Park Listserv. You'll be able to search All Life Is Local for "contractor," "plumber," "computer tech," "auto body shop" -- whatever you need.

---

Try Dr. Mark Reiter with Reiter, Hill, et. al. He has a location in Chevy Chase (near Friendship Heights Metro) and another one downtown. I know he takes the FEHBP Blue Cross insurance. There are also several female doctors in this practice.

---

I really like Dr. Amy Kesselman in Bethesda. They take BCBS.

---

I would highly recommend Dr. Kathleen Bis. She has a small office on M st. and one in Rockville. Her administrators have been with her forever. She operates like she's your own doctor, extremely thorough, personable and when you leave her office, you feel well taken care of, for sure. Her number is 202.293.4100. And, she take BCBS.


Kathleen Bis at 2440 M St. NW is excellent: 202-293-4100.


---

I use Rebecca Busch who does participate w/BC/BS. I usually see her in Falls Church, but she has a downtown DC office as well. She is smart and competent and I think was on some of the "top doctor" lists (either Consumer Checkbook or Washingtonian). I have also really liked her Falls Church office staff.


I have been seeing Rebecca Busch, at Reiter, Hill & Johnson, for regular checkups for many years and am very happy with her. She sees patients in more than one location--the closest is 1145 19th St., NW, 202-331-1740. Dupont Circle metro. I was there a couple of months ago and she was still taking BC/BS. I believe she and others in that practice have previously been recommended by others on the listserv. If it matters to you, the office also has equipment to do bone density scans right there.

---

Several times on this list I've recommended my doctor: Dr. Paula Radecki. The last go-round she received 3 recommendations and several others got at least one. She takes BCBS and has awesome bedside manner - very calm and personable. I don't have any complicated issues and when I wanted to try an IUD she was very open to recommended another person in the practice who had more experience with the insertion (I don't have kids and have a small uterus apparently!). It went great and I'm very thankful that she recommended another person. She also deals very well with a high-maintenance friend I have who is a bit of a hypochondriac so I think she can handle all types of situations! (202) 331-1740.

---

April Rubin, MD is the best. 202-547-4604.

---

I highly recommend Bruce Bonn. 202-331-0577.


I go to Dr. Bruce Bonn at 25th and M. He's does GYN only (though his practice includes OB/GYNs). I think he's great.

---

I recommend Dr. Elizabeth Chahine with Medical Faculty Associates at GW: http://www.gwdocs.com . Getting an appointment can be tricky, but she is really fabulous.

---

Capital Women's Care in Silver Spring and Shady Grove took my BCBS last year before I changed companies. I went to Dr. Heather Sine.

---

I highly recommend Dr. Julian Safran. My sister, myself, and all my girlfriends see him. He is friendly, warm, and always is available via email (and even emails test results, if you want).
http://www.yelp.com/biz/julian-safran-md-washington

I have Carefirst PPO and I know that is accepted there. He is located at: 2141 K St NW Ste 808 Washington, DC 20037 Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment