Friday, May 27, 2011

Recommended: OBGYNs

Our companion email list, the Cleveland Park Listserv, is a treasure trove of recommendations. We want to share on All Life Is Local, on a periodic basis, the best recommendations that have been posted on the Cleveland Park Listserv. You'll be able to search All Life Is Local for "contractor," "plumber," "computer tech," "auto body shop" -- whatever you need.




Thank you to all my Cleveland Park neighbors for your prompt and helpful responses. A number of people asked me to pass on the information I received, so I have compiled it here. (I'd also like to note that one person recommended my current physician Dr. Vivian Fraga. I am also a huge fan of Dr. Fraga, but unfortunately, she does not currently accept BCBS PPO. If she did, I definitely would not switch providers.)

Reiter Hill and Johnson 1) "Melody Abraham (part of Reiter Hill and Johnson) is fantastic; I hear good reviews about the other doctors in the practice (particularly Dr. Busch) as well. They have offices in Dupont and Chevy Chase, as well as one in Falls Church."

(2) "I have BCBS/PPO, and after a very BAD experience with Dr. Lori Picco, I have been seeing Dr. Ferdouse Sartawi at the practice of Reiter & Hill for about a year and been very pleased. She sees patients at two offices, one downtown and one in Friendship Heights. She's young, but very patient, takes time to explain things and answer questions, and never seem in a hurry. She performed a surgery I needed last year and everything went well. The practice also seems to be managed well, and I've never had any scheduling or billing problems (knock on wood!). Information about the practice is at http://www.rhjn-obgyn.com/ , and their other contact info is below.

Downtown office 1145 19th St. NW Suite 410 Washington, DC 20036 (202) 331-1740

Friendship Heights office 5454 Wisconsin Ave # 1035 Chevy Chase, MD 20815-6918 (301) 654-5700"

(3) "I'm 35 and married with no kids and highly recommend Dr. Paula Radeki at http://www.rhjn-obgyn.com/staff/cvs/radecki.asp - I go to the Friendship Heights office which is very conveniently located with parking or right off the red line. She's got a terrific bedside manner and is very sensible."

(4) "I like the Reiter & Hill group (about 10 doctors). I go to Dr Kim McKanders in their Chevy Chase location, and i used to go to Dr Rebecca Busch at their downtown location. Both women are wonderful."

(5) "The whole practice at Reiter and Hill take that insurance. The have three locations. My favorite is Dr. Muangman but they are all great. 301.654.5700."


(6) "I highly recommend the office of Reiter, Hill and Johnson at 1145 19th St NW #410, which as of March of this year was part of the CareFirst BCBS PPO option. I've seen Dr. Charles Hill there for about ten years, and he's been fantastic -- spends a lot of time with patients, willing to answer lots of questions. Occasionally, in a pinch, I've also seen Mona Milberg, a nurse practitioner with the practice, who I also highly recommend."

(7) "The Reiter, Hill practice (offices in DC and Chevy Chase) is extremely good. Many doctors there are good, based on recommendations I've seen from others. I've been saying Melody Abraham there for many years and she's terrific. 1145 19th Street, NW, Ste. 410, Washington, DC 202-331-1740 5454 Wisconsin Avenue, Ste. 1035, Chevy Chas, MD 301-654-5700." Foxhall OB/Gyn


(1) "Foxhall ob/gyn on Mass near Crate and Barrel. I really like Dr. Pardoe and Dr. Lightfoote (women). I've seen everyone in the practice and their all great. I have several friends that go there too. I also have bc/bs ppo coverage."

(2) "I believe that all of the gynecologists at Foxhall OB-GYN are Blue Cross Blue Shield preferred providers. I have been seeing Dr. Richard Beckerman for years, but all of the doctors are very good. Their number is 202 244 3523 and the website is http://www.foxhallobgyn.com/ ." Georgetown Physicians


(1) "I'm a patient of Dr. Marian Wulf-Guttierez at Georgetown, and I truly adore her as my physician. Unfortunately, her schedule probably is too busy. But, fear not! There's good news, because there's another really great new attending physician in Georgetown's OB-GYN Department.

About 2 weeks ago, when I couldn't get an urgent appointment with Dr. Wulf-Guttierez, I got scheduled with Dr. Elisabeth Nigrini. Needless to say, I was EXTREMELY impressed with Dr. Nigrini, and so I saw her again last Monday for my follow-up appointment, rather than waiting for Dr. Wulf-Guttierez' schedule to open up. In fact, I might just keep seeing Dr. Nigrini all the time.

Because she's relatively new at Georgetown, Dr. Nigrini's schedule isn't nearly as heavily booked as someone like Dr. Wulf-Guttierez. Thus, I'd presume that you could get an appointment with her rather quickly.

Here's the number to the OB-Gyn Department: (202) 444-8531."

(2) "We highly recommend the OB/GYN group at Georgetown Hospital-we have the same insurance as you. Dr. Jack Fanale was my OB my entire pregnancy and was fantastic and for the delivery and hospitalization we were taken care of by practically all of the docs - Breen, Wolf-Guiterrez, Mazloomdoost, Gorman, Prikupenko. Breen is now my regular GYN and she is awesome-a little tough to schedule with since she is so popular. All are great!" Dr. Bridges

"Dr. Russell Bridges is very good. Search for his name - he has a website with relevant info."

Dr. Bajaj. In response to your post on the Cleveland Park Listserv regarding an OB/GYN on the Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, I have been very happy with Dr. Bajaj. See the link below for her bio and contact info.

http://www.cwcare.net/provider.asp?pid=901

Dr. Footer. I can highly recommend Dr Richard Footer. He has an office in DC in Foggy Bottom and another in Bethesda. He is a solo practitioner.

Dr. Bohan"Constance Bohan at 2141 K St.

No comments:

Post a Comment