Monday, July 4, 2011

Washington Tweets

Flag photo by Bill Adler
Washington tweets. A lot. The Washington Tweets column is a collection of the most interesting, recent Washington-area tweets. These tweets reveal a candid and fascinating portrait of what is on our collective minds: Twitter gives a snapshot of what we're doing, thinking and hoping for as a group. Washington Tweets is Washington in the raw.Bill Adler tweets at @billadler.


Weather Advisory - Warm and humid (welcome to DC), Air Quality Alert, scattered showers and afternoon thunderstorms- pay attention to conditions

There are six people in the Cleveland Park Metro station. Is this the start of a Stephen King story? #emptydc

i'm at home with a wrap on my knee cause I wanted to be cute and wore my stilettos all night in adams morgan

D.C. Mayor Gray calls for 'full independence' for his district: District

Orange post-storm sunset in Cleveland Park: http://t.co/zZxSshG

It's hotter in DC than #Nicaragua...

Happy July 4th! In case you missed it, here's 30 photos of the most patriotic vehicles we could find: http://su.pr/1PR4rh

Update: 1 dead; thousands lose power in DC storm - WashPost

No better way to celebrate the #4thofJuly than walking around DC in an American Flag bikini and handing out Tofu Dogs! @VegRobin

People huddled in parking garage as severe storm with 60 mph winds moved through DC this evening http://youtu.be/W7A9Wnf8mRI

I do kinda miss jst going to the boardwalk in NJ for 4th, but excited about going to the national mall or pentagon to see the display #DC

I am not going to fight this dc humidity all summer. Rocking a curly fro fall.

Washingtonian readers name Dan Snyder "local villain," beating out Vincent Gray + Marion Barry

Today, I'm outsmarting the tourists. #DC

craving: fatty, garlicky, herby, rack of lamb. help a pregnant woman out, please advise on best rack of lamb from dc restaurant. open 24/7.

DC streets are so confusing. I some how always end up getting lost and taking a taxi." Reason #not to get drunk there!

Mosquitoes and humidity aren't factors when you're enjoying fireworks from your living room!

Dear Drunk American Tourists, Screaming the US anthem out of tune in the streets of Rome honors no one.

Happy independence day!! I'll be spending it shoe shopping, poolside, and watching fireworks in dc tonight!! Hope...

Why is everyone in DC so fascinated by squirrels?

8.5 mile run to the Tidal Basin and back. Cannons went off on the Mall - that's how epic it was.

Every cab I've ever taken in DC makes some kind of noise I'm uncomfortable with.

Man Sues DC Cops After Being Detained For Photography http://goo.gl/fb/7WLYU

In DC: Should come as no surprise: H Street Streetcar Now Delayed Until Late 2013 http://bit.ly/mEt26Q

I lost my car at Adams Morgan I forgot where I parked! Super smakkd nd I gotta pee

No comments:

Post a Comment