Monday, July 11, 2011

Washington Tweets

Washington tweets. A lot. The Washington Tweets column is a collection of the most interesting, recent Washington-area tweets. These tweets reveal a candid and fascinating portrait of what is on our collective minds: Twitter gives a snapshot of what we're doing, thinking and hoping for as a group. Washington Tweets is Washington in the raw. Bill Adler tweets at @billadler.


A/C in office out again. This is officially inhumane.

#metro driver just announced we may have to help push train at Arlington Cemetery that is out of service. @unsuckdcmetro

Having gone to every German restaurant in DC, I have determined the Biergartenhaus is the best in DC! Sorry Old Europe. :-(

It is amazing how many prospective jurors, all from DC, have been victims of violent crime or have friends or relatives who were victims

Huge massive prans at kalari restaurant in washington, dc

Cats were going HAM downstairs. We check to see the issue and there are 2 huge RACOONS climbing on my fence. #brookland #dc

Avg #DC 90+ thru today 11.6. Only 14 of last 139 yrs (~10%) more than current 19 thru Jul 7. 1979 had 0 thru today!

#DC has no vote in Congress, and no authority over its budget. Is a #TeaParty freshman the District's best hope? http://ow.ly/5yfMM

If Mary Cheh gets her way, Pepco could be fined for future outages. http://tbd.ly/qbTzg6

The bus situation or lack thereof at the Anacostia station is a prime example of how #WMATA fails its customers each and everyday....

Looking at the Washington DC weather report, guess I can leave my jeans at home then! Blimey it's hot there! I'll die xD

Weather Channel says Washington, DC is the sixth hottest city in America. Today, it's living up to reputation.

I am the only person at the Cleveland Park metro, which leads me to believe I be walking home a long way alone.

Next time I'm in DC, must try @norasorganics - America's 1st certified #organic restaurant; thx for the heads up

Metro Snapshot this morn: Mom+Dad+2 strollers+Grandma+Grandpa (ea. with backpacks)+96 degree+HUMIDITY 4cast for DC today = 6 miserable folks

I know senseless crime happens everywhere but being in a small city like DC badness is amplified!

Got a little hangover from chillin in Georgetown and Adams Morgan last night.. .but those were hella fun times...

So @attwireless, they tweet from the ISS, but I can't get 3G at Ft. Belvior off the DC Beltway? #STS135 http://twitpic.com/5nr6zk

Dear DC tourists: Your "FBI' shirts do not make me think you are in the FBI. Covert moves at Starbucks only make you look creepy. #GoHome

Overheard tourists my age: "what's up with all the bookstores in DC?" Sigh

The brand new escalator at Foggy Bottom is now in service. Work now moves to the 2nd escalator.

@MMochaTea @Iheart1Ages ohh I meant to tell yall I found a korean restaurant down the street from the hotel in DC!! Can we go? :D pweease





No comments:

Post a Comment