Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Washington Tweets

Photo by AgnosticPreachersKid
by Bill Adler

Washington tweets. A lot. The Washington Tweets column is a collection of the most interesting, recent Washington-area tweets. These tweets reveal a candid and fascinating portrait of what is on our collective minds: Twitter gives a snapshot of what we're doing, thinking and hoping for. Washington Tweets is Washington in the raw. Bill Adler tweets at @billadler.

Maybe the DC Council just needs more basic ethics guidelines. "If your kid did this, would you be mad? Yeah? Then don't do it." Done.

When it's time to sue over poop http://wcp.to/uAv120

Would really like to take the next month are so off! The leaf blowers in Arlington are so loud!

Council member Mary Cheh is my dawg. she's cool :) she's allowing me to sit in on her law lecture at GW

Political gloom means no good political Halloween costumes in DC this year. I saw Gaddafi last night though.

Kudos to @KwameBrownDC: Council legislative docs dating back to Period 8 (1989-90) are digitized and searchable on LIMS!

Had the NICEST attendant at Chinatown metro stop this morning! #wmata #howodd #hiremorepeoplelikeher

DC Mayor Vincent Gray to thank 7-11 for opening stores in Northeast, hiring district residents

A Metro station manager sleeps on the job at the Anacostia #WMATA station--and there's video: http://tbd.ly/uiIBfB

Gas-powered leaf blowers make every sustainability-conscious bone in my body ache. Are rakes that terrible?

Is this what Janet Napolitano means when she says "If u see something, say something"? #wmata http://twitpic.com/78qodp

#FionaGreigDC It's official. I filed my candidacy yesterday for Ward 2 DC Council.

I need someone to open a good vegan fast food restaurant w/ a drive thru in DC/MD/VA please and thank you!

Good thing I don't believe in vampires, because a wet maroon spot keeps reappearing on my bathroom ceiling. I am not kidding.

Vincent Orange response to apparent pending primary challenge from Sekou Biddle "Bring it on," Orange said today when I saw him on street

If you like Indian food and you're in DC, I recommend Indique in Cleveland Park. One of my favorites.

So anyway, I'm in the market for a rich husband! I can't cook and don't really like people all that much, but..I'm sure we can make it work.

@KwameBrownDC Impeachment/expulsion left out of DC charter by Congress. Charter should be amended to add like states have.

Eerie night drive along I-95: http://bit.ly/I95atnight #I95 #ghostly

DC Guardian Angels on foot patrol toward adams morgan

A Facebook friend's status update is a cross-posted tweet saying she just posted a photo to Facebook. #infiniteloop

cops explicitly telling people not to walk up the escalators at Rosslyn. that's a new one.

Great map of local DC area snow totals: http://1.usa.gov/eTBxgD

Mayor Vincent Gray: Protect Food Trucks in D.C.!

Dupont N exit worse than I expected: 1 open escalator, stopped, w/folks walking up 1 side, down other, no possibility of passing. #wmata


No comments:

Post a Comment