Monday, March 19, 2012

Washington Tweets


by Bill Adler


Washington tweets. A lot. The Washington Tweets column is a collection of the most interesting, recent Washington-area tweets. These tweets reveal a candid and fascinating portrait of what is on our collective minds: Twitter gives a snapshot of what we're doing, thinking and hoping for. Washington Tweets is Washington in the raw. Spot or write a great tweet? Send it to tweets (at) fastmail (dot) net for consideration for the next Washington Tweets column. Bill Adler tweets at @billadler.


Note to tourists: dogwood blossoms are not cherry tree blossoms. (@hgil)

'its okay I'm engaged' has become shorthand for 'it's ok your husband was dancing with me.' #clevelandpark #4PS (@celialv)

Hi temps in DC Mar 1-15 2nd warmest on record since 1871 (@capitalweather)

My allergies certainly know I'm back in the DC area. (@elizabethdehoff)

I don't think I've been to one D.C. voting rights-related trial that has started or ended when it was supposed to. (@dcist_martin)

I'm so cold at my desk my fingernails have turned blue. Guess it's time to bring in the space heater. #eastcoasttemperatureregulation (@heathermg)

Mary Cheh stands up to Pepco. Bowser, Alexander and Mendelson should be ashamed. Betty Noel nomination dies (@GrahamRoth)

@keshinil. Time for Noel to pull an Elizabeth Warren and run for office (minus the Pepco contributions!) (@DCBrettM)

Shout-out fellow pollen suffers in the DC area over the next few days. Be strong. (@ry_hudson)

Yesterday was the Smithsonian & Mt Vernon, Today is the Zoo, Archives, Capitol Hill & the National Cathedral, among other things-I'm pooped! (@paulah1017)

#DullesRail officials say they don't need Va. money to finish #SilverLine if union labor banned, reports @lizessley: bit.ly/zEDrWQ (@kytja)

Forgot that Connecticut Avenue is uphill between Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan. My dress shirt is getting sweated through. (@greenmind0428)

I never imagined I'd be tweeting this: The Washington Post endorses@RonaldMoten as the Republican nominee in Ward 7. http://wapo.st/zVDUIF @ChuckThies

Judging by buses in Adams Morgan, Mount Pleasant is the most important destination in DC. #wheresthe96? (@AllenStairs)

At El Chalan in DC, a sweet little Peruvian restaurant that I feel like telling everyone about, because the service has been so nice. (@lksriv)

VGray 2010 sources say Gray himself collected $100k in check contributions from JeffThompson. Unusual for candidate to handle big money. (@tomsherwood)

@Doomtodawn: There are seriously passing out "Remove Obama" papers at Dupont Circle" yehh that blew me. (@ALoverLikeShe)

#MetroAccess riders lead charge against #WMATA fare hikes as ridership drops but agency making more money off them: bit.ly/wwkMFK (@kytja)

RT @AustenWalsh: Bus driver to elderly woman: "you can sit in any seat you want except for mine." I love nice @wmata drivers. (@unsuckdcmetro)

No comments:

Post a Comment