Friday, May 11, 2012

Still Life With Robin: The Rap on Metro



by Peggy Robin

Ever since I began this column on February 26, 2010 I have had in mind to expound (which, as you probably know, means complain -- or for those who think I complain too much -- whine) on the inadequacies of our Metro system:  unexplained delays, eight-month elevator reconstructions, ridiculously long station names, impenetrable map clutter, dead escalators unintelligible announcements, etc., etc. But I kept holding off on tackling the subject, worried that once I got started, I wouldn’t know where to stop. Today I realized I don’t have to say anything. Every point I have in mind has already been set down on YouTube, and done to a catchy rap beat. The video is just three and a half minutes long, and I can’t think of a single thing to add to it.

Watch:


I do have a recommendation for something to do with this video. I would like to lock all the members of the Metro board into a room and make them watch this video 25 times in a row. No, not in a room, in an unairconditioned Metro car in July, stuck in the middle of an airless tunnel. Of course, we'd need to download it beforehand, because it's unlikely that there would be a working wifi connection in the tunnel.

------

Still Life With Robin is published on the Cleveland Park Listserv and All Life Is Local on Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment