Monday, May 28, 2012

Washington Tweets

by Bill Adler

Washington tweets. A lot. The Washington Tweets column is a collection of the most interesting, recent Washington-area tweets. These tweets reveal a candid and fascinating portrait of what is on our collective minds: Twitter gives a snapshot of what we're doing, thinking and hoping for. Washington Tweets is Washington in the raw. Washington Tweets is published on Monday. Bill Adler tweets at @billadler.

It appears DC summer arrived just in time for Memorial Day weekend again #HelloHumidity (@BrookeM1109)

This Bolt Bus has too many newbies on it...taking pictures and ish... #haveaseat as @LoraDaExplorer would say... (@aye_ash)

I was in DC eating in a little restaurant that had these. I want a table like this in my place. http://pic.twitter.com/ebIPEWwt (@taramomo)

why would anyone ever wait in line to get into Local 16? this has always perplexed me. (@amorrissey)

Emergency giant iced Americano. Ahhhhh (@ Tesoro Restaurant) http://4sq.com/JZRMTF (@hillarygrove)

Rolling Thunder this weekend in DC. Supporting our troops and veterans. (@NancySinatra)

Men of the online dating world: pick better pictures. xoxo, ally (@allybug99)

Related: the problem w being single and dating in DC is that every third dude honestly believes he is Josh Lyman. (@LizScott)

Making the dog do tricks before I feed her table scraps (pizza crust). I swear I saw her roll her eyes at me before she would roll over. (@stephaniekays)

Ridership was 151,466 in March on Circulator's Woodley Park-Adams Morgan-McPherson Square route. Highest since route started in March '09.
(@JimGrahamWard1)

No surprise to anyone in the DC Metro area today - this spring is on track to be the hottest on record for the District (@ClimateReality)

"Food trucks may help reduce parking congestion by bringing food to people, which helps reduce overall parking demand" http://ow.ly/b1ZXt (@bbqbusdc)

I vote we retire the cliche phrase "think outside the box." We've all been outside the box for quite some time now. (@Lindsaydec)

The rebirth of the wi-fi free coffee shop: http://bit.ly/Ki6azS @wcp

I love my hood! Go go band practicing in the church down the street which I can hear from my stoop. Don't be jealous #ripchuckbrown (@Chef_Mike_)

If you shop at the Harris Teeter in Adams Morgan, you may have seen or heard this rooftop violinist: @DCist_Updates (@DCist_Updates)

Swallowed my fear and took the down escalator at the Dupont Circle red line metro stop. (@suz8)

Check out a great photo gallery: "D.C. baristas create art on your latte" http://ht.ly/aJ0nw (@TBD)

No comments:

Post a Comment