Saturday, October 24, 2015

Still Life With Robin: An Autumn Sampler


by Peggy Robin

I suppose all of the odds and ends below could be lumped together under the general rubric of “autumn things,” when they really are just some random stuff I came across in the past week:

How to enjoy a pumpkin beer:

October newsflash from the world of fast food: 
MacDonald’s is now serving “breakfast anytime.” 
Best response I’ve seen to this news came from someone who dredged up that classic Stephen Wright one-liner: "Breakfast anytime? I’ll have French toast during the Renaissance."

Beset by fundraising schoolchildren? Here’s one parent’s response:

The DC’s area’s best Halloween-decorated house:
(I love it, but I’m thankful I don’t live near it!)

And speaking of Halloween, you probably could guess what the season’s number one costume is:
I leave it to your judgment to decide whether this is one of the scariest costumes ever, or one of the funniest, or both at the same time.

--------------
Still Life With Robin is published on the Cleveland Park Listserv and on All Life Is Local on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment