Saturday, November 28, 2015

Still Life With Robin: Bright Start to the Holiday Shopping Season

National Airport (photo by Thomas S Mann)
by Peggy Robin

On this Thanksgiving weekend, with eleven family members in town (three having come in from France), I will make this the briefest column I have ever posted, by simply passing along the link to this photo collection from BrightSide.me titled “The 100 Best Photographs Without Photoshop”:

My intent in directing people to this link was to kick off the holiday season with these images of peace and beauty….though perhaps leavened with a teensy bit of cynicism, as I just can’t help but question the idea that nothing in any of these images was altered in any way, shape or form to improve the shot (and just take a good look at “Flamingoes gathered in the shape of a flamingo” and tell me if you disagree). But that really doesn’t matter to me. They accomplish their purpose, which is to provide an occasion to sit back, relax, and enjoy the slideshow of people and places, color and light, before going out on a first foray into the holiday shopping crowds on this "Small Business Saturday." Now out I go....

-----------------

Still Life With Robin is published on the Cleveland Park Listserv and on All Life Is Local on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment