Saturday, May 20, 2023

Still Life with Robin: Why Stay on Twitter? For the Recycling Tips!

 by Peggy Robin


Just about six months ago, not long after the Musk-Rat took over Twitter, I publicly dithered in my "Still Life with Robin"  about whether I should give up tweeting @StillLifewRobin. Here's that column: http://alllifeislocal.blogspot.com/2022/11/still-life-with-robin-twitter-conundrum.html

Six months later, I'm still here. Admittedly, there's a lot more crap on Twitter than there was before (way more hate speech, disinformation, trolling, etc.) -- but I still think it's greatly outweighed by the good stuff. I've stayed mainly to feed my addiction to New York Times word games, and in particular, the #hivemind community, tweeting about Spelling Bee. But I'm also in love with the birds, bees, buildings, sunrises and sunsets and weather phenomena captured daily and tweeted by my favorite local photographers -- among them, several CP Listserv members, CP neighbors, and Capital Weather Gang regulars. 

The best of these are:
Diane Krauthamer @DianeKrauthamer
Jen Packard @jpackardphoto
Tom Hentoff @TomHentoff
Peter Forister @forecaster25
Kevin Ambrose @dcstormchaser 
DC City Girl @dccitygirl_
Jeanie in D.C. @RiverGirl707

Recently, I've discovered a new gem that I want to pass along to you - and she's neither fish nor fowl -that is to say, she 's neither a word-gamer nor a shutterbug. She is in her own category of RECYCLER - and if you're still on Twitter, I highly recommend you follow her:

Charlotte Dreizen
@CharDreizen

Best thing about her twitter feed: Answers to questions you didn't even know you had!

Here are two recent examples:



One day (soon, I hope!) the Musk-Rat will be gone, and whoever comes in next will be bound to clear out the dregs that the Musk-Rat brought in.....but the recycling tips, the local photos, and the word-game hints will still be here!
----------
Still Life with Robin is posted on the Cleveland Park Listserv and on All Life Is Local on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment