Thursday, November 18, 2010

If You Cuss Your Computer for Being Slow, Read This

When I read this I was so excited that I almost fell off my chair. When I tried it, I actually...  never mind.

What it is: A way to substantially increase your web browser's speed. Using this trick (and calm down, I'll get to the meat in a moment) Chrome and Firefox load faster and load pages about 20 percent faster. This trick or hack takes advantage of two mutually beneficial computing principles: RAM discs are faster than magnetic discs and most PCs have excess memory to spare to be used for a RAM disc. What you'll be doing when you deploy this tip is to move your browser's cache to the RAM disc you've created.  Chrome and Firefox read the cache before loading any page, and the faster the disc, the faster the page loads. 

The process is reversible if it's not to your liking.  But if you live and breathe in the cloud, then the speed increase will make you smile.

Hop over to Download Squad for the nitty-gritty details of how to make your browser into a speed demon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment