Saturday, February 6, 2021

Still Life with Robin: Play the Vaccine Game!

by Peggy Robin

It’s happened again, as it’s happened before…. I spend a good 45 minutes composing a column on a subject that means a lot to me (in this case, it’s about that crazy, frenzied sign-up process for booking a vaccine appointment through VaccinateDC) – and I feel like I’m missing something in my writing – so I take a little break, maybe read the newspaper over a cup of coffee for a while, and then and there I see that someone else has written exactly what I was trying to write, but has said it more concisely – and it’s funny, too! 

Nothing to do in that case except step aside and let the piece speak for itself. In this case it’s a cartoon, by David Horsey of the Seattle Times. (It’s in today’s print edition of the Washington Post on Op-Ed page).


 

Best of luck to all who are attempting to play!

------------------------------

Still Life with Robin is published on the Cleveland Park Listserv and on All Life Is Local on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment