Saturday, August 31, 2024

Still Life with Robin: The Reminder of the Reminder

 by Peggy Robin


Even though I'm the one who posts DPW's "trash slide" reminders for Labor Day and other official holidays, I'm just as likely as the next person to put my trash, recycling and compost out on the wrong day. I don't want to tell you how many times I've done that. 

From now on, though, things will be different. I've devised a simple system to remind myself of the reminder. Immediately after I post the DPW notice on the Listserv, I put a Post-it note on the lid of my kitchen trash can. I don't need a second one anywhere else, because when I start to collect the trash and recycling each week, I always start with the kitchen can.

Here's my little Post-it note:

After my trash is picked up on Tuesday, I'm going to stick this sticky note away in a drawer and bring it out again on October 15 (Indigenous People's Day/Columbus Day).

The list of DC government holidays is here:

Happy Labor Day, all!
-------------------------------
Still Life with Robin is posted on the Cleveland Park Listserv and on All Life Is Local on Saturdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment