Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good Morning: Good Times Are Over Weather Wise

I personally don't like it when television forecasters editorialize about the weather: "Tomorrow's going to be a beautiful day, 90 degrees and sunny." Not in my universe.

But I doubt that anyone will disagree with me when I declare that today, with a high of 61 and a 60 percent chance of rain, is going to be ick.  In the Caribbean a new tropical depression is forming that may even turn into a tropical storm. More snow might come to New England later this week, so I guess we should consider ourselves fortunate that our weather defense gear won't have to be anything more complicated than an umbrella.

A lot further south, Vostok, Antarctica will see a high of -53F and a low of -83 with a windchill of -112. (And that's warmer than it was on Tuesday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment