Saturday, January 8, 2011

2nd District MPD Commander Matt Klein Transferred; Michael Reese to Be New Commander

Second District Police Commander Matt Klein has been transferred to another division. Michael E. Reese, who has been with the Metropolitan Police for 25 years, will be the new Commander of the Second District MPD. Commander Reese spent the past two years as Inspector in the First District and was an Inspector in the School Security Division, Captain in the Fourth District, and a Captain in the Internal Affairs Division.

Here is Commander Klein's announcement.

I wanted to let you all know that effective today, I will be transferring to another division within the department. I have enjoyed serving as your commander over the last two years; however, taking on this new position will enable me to spend much needed time with my family.  I want to express my gratitude to the Second District community for the unwavering support that I received over the past two years.  There are so many of you that truly care about public safety and about making the neighborhoods in the Second District better places to live. Just as importantly, I want to thank my team here at 2D, namely the men and women who are out there every day and night and give everything they have to make sure folks are safe.  The officers are led by a great team of supervisors and managers who continue to make themselves available to community concerns all hours of the day.  Through their efforts, we were able to end 2010 with almost 10% less crime than the year before.  This is no accident, but rather, the result of true community and police partnerships.
I am looking forward to this new chapter in my MPD career.  As always, I am just an email away should you need anything at all.
Best regards
Commander Matt Klein 

No comments:

Post a Comment