Monday, October 4, 2010

More Bedbugs Found in DC, Oh My!

Bedbugs have been spotted in the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center and US Agency for International Development building.  No need to include a link to those addresses:  If you work there, you already know.  And if you don't work there, you probably don't want to know.

And if that's not scary enough, here's a thought that makes me very glad I'm married.  (Well, that's not the only reason I'm glad I'm married.) What if the person you're dating has bedbugs that are getting a free ride to your place on his or her clothes? And the corollary problem: How do you know that your date's apartment doesn't have bedbugs?  MSNBC brought this issue up in a recent online article, quoting one single woman as saying, "I consider bedbugs to be in the same category as murderers or drug addicts."

Maybe the thing for single people to do is to carry around a sleep sack all the time, just in case you end up somewhere that's not your place. Sleep sacks might take the romance out of spending the night with a stranger, but it sure beats getting bedbugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment